|| Payroll Assistant - Part Time|| || Lutheran Life Communities is seeking a Part-Time Payroll Assistant.
The part-time Payroll Assistant will process employee payrolls and benefit data in accordance with policies and practices for assigned communities.
Uploads the direct deposit ACH data and transmits the files to the Bank for each entities bi-weekly payroll. Creates the 403B withholding file and transmits the file to the vendor. Works with vendors to properly withhold garnishments and report on these as needed. Completes payroll related reports for internal reporting, tax purposes, audit requests and insurance compliance.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or at least one to three years business or accounting and computer experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
• Excellent math skills.
• Working knowledge of Wage and Hour rules.
• Must be able to speak, read, comprehend and write legibly in English.
• Ability to speak English effectively to individuals, customers, or employees of the organization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain compensation policies, timesheet errors, etc. to all levels of staff.
• Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures.
• Excellent skills in Excel , Word and the ability to utilize various software programs required.
• Work schedule may include working morning, evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.|| Proceed|